In September 2019, Bert and I rode from Marseille to Munich. We began by taking the train to Paris, and then onwards to Marseille. From there, we set out by bike, crossing 7 countries and traveling more than 1200 kilometres. It was an epic adventure, filled with amazing sights and memories that will stay with us for a lifetime.
Below, we recount our daily journeys.
- Day 1: Marseille to (almost) Toulon
- Day 2: Toulon to (almost) Saint Tropez
- Day 3: Before Saint Tropez to just past Cannes
- Day 4: Derailleur Disaster
- Day 5: From Ventimiliga to outside of Genoa
- Day 6: Onward through Genoa and up the mountains!
- Day 7: Descending the Trebbia Valley and on to Genoa
- Day 8: Lake Como
- Day 9: Leaving Como and starting the ascent
- Day 10: To Splügen Pass and beyond
- Day 11: Four countries, one day
- Day 12: Coming soon
- Day 13: Coming soon
- Day 7: Sweat, Slopes and Scenery on the SS45
- Day 9: Rain Delay in Menaggio (Menaggio to Campodolcino – start of Splugen Pass)
- Day 11: Two Bikes, Four Countries
- Day #15: Departure Gate